Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. When a person is befuddled or completely confused, it is said they are at their 'wits' end'. The common saying can be found in Psalm 107:27 in both the KJV and the NIV Bibles. Complete the missing word from the verse in the NIV Bible: "They reeled and staggered like _________; they were at their wits' end."
2. 'The wages of sin is death' is a phrase the apostle Paul used in Romans 6:23. In the same verse, what does Paul say is the gift of God?
3. A common saying that appears in Matthew 26:41 and Mark 14:38 in the NIV Bible is 'the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak'. Who used the term?
4. A common saying found in Galatians 6:7 is "as you sow, so shall you reap". (The NIV Bible states "a man reaps what he sows" while the KJV states "for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap".) Who is traditionally credited with writing Galatians?
5. 'Baptism of fire' is a term that originated in Matthew 3:11. The NIV Bible states: "I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me comes one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire." Who made the statement?
6. 'The love of money is the root of all evil' is a phrase penned by the apostle Paul in a letter to a young church worker. In what book in the Bible would you find the common saying?
7. 'Out of the mouths of babes' is a common saying that appears in the KJV in Psalm 8:2. According to Scripture, babes isn't the only thing the words come out of, however. Complete the missing word from the verse: "Out of the mouths of babes and _________ hast thou ordained strength because of thine enemies, that thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger."
8. 'O ye of little faith' is a common saying Jesus used in Luke 12:28. Who was Jesus speaking to when he used the term?
9. A common saying in Matthew 22:14 in the KJV Bible is 'many are called, few are chosen'. Jesus made the statement in a parable. What's the common name given to the parable?
10. 'Pearls before swine' is a term found in the KJV in Matthew 7:6. Complete the missing word in the Scripture: "Give not that which is holy unto the ______, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you."
Source: Author Cowrofl
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor CellarDoor
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.