Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Revelation 1:12 (NKJV) says, "Then I turned to see the voice that spoke with me. And having turned I saw seven golden lampstands." This is the beginning of the author John's vision. But what, according to verse 20 of the same chapter, is the mystery of the lampstands?
2. Chapters 2 and 3 of Revelation tell us what John is to write unto the seven churches. Two of the churches are not rebuked by the Lord. Which ones are they?
3. In Revelation 4, when John is taken up into Heaven, he sees a great thunderous throne on a sea of glass and there "were four living creatures full of eyes on front and in back." (verse 6, NKJV) Finish verse 7: "The first living creature was like a lion, the second living creature was like a calf, the third living creature had a face like a man, and the fourth living creature was like a ________"
4. Chapter 5 of Revelation is all about the scroll that no one is worthy to open. What does John do when he sees that no one is worthy to open the scroll or loose its seals, nor even to look at it?
5. In Revelation 6, the time has come to open the seals of the scroll. This chapter covers six of them, with the sixth seal continuing on into chapter 7. In chapter 7 there is a pause before more harm comes upon the earth, a pause to place a seal on the 144,000 of God's servants. Where is this seal placed?
6. Chapter 8 of Revelation introduces the seven trumpet judgements brought about by the opening of the seventh seal. The third trumpet brings about a fiery star to Earth which lands in a third of the rivers and in the springs. "Many men died from the water because it was made bitter." (v.11 NKJV) What is the name of this star?
7. The fifth trumpet sounds as we enter Chapter 9 of Revelation. Locusts come to torment man for a period of five months. "Their torment was like the torment of a scorpion when it strikes a man." (v.5 NKJV) According to verse 6, what will happen to those who "seek death" during this period?
8. In Revelation chapter 10, we find a mighty angel with a little book. He speaks through thunderous words that John is told to seal up and not to write down. John receives the book from the angel and does something to it, as instructed to him by a voice out of Heaven. What does he do to the book?
9. Chapter 11 of Revelation introduces two witnesses who "will prophesy one thousand two hundred and sixty days, clothed in sackcloth." (v.4 NKJV) These witnesses are eventually overcome by the beast that comes up out of the bottomless pit and are left where they have died, to be mocked by many. How long are these witnesses dead before God breathes life back into them?
10. Chapter 12 of Revelation shows John signs in Heaven. During this vision, who or what does John witness leaving Heaven?
11. In Revelation 13, John sees a great beast coming out of the sea who heals from a wound and speaks great blasphemes against God. This beast is understood to be the anti-Christ. How long is it given him to rule on Earth?
12. Revelation chapter 14 begins with messages to Earth's people from three angels. Then, a great harvesting happens. "Then I looked, and behold, a white cloud, and on the cloud sat One like the Son of Man, having on His head a golden crown, and in His hand a great ________." (NKJV) Fill in the blank.
13. Revelation chapter 15 gives us a prelude to the bowl judgements. We have seven angels with seven plagues which will finish God's wrath. We also see those who had victory over the beast standing. What do they do before the first of the bowls gets poured upon the earth?
14. When the sixth angel pours out his bowl of wrath upon the earth in Revelation chapter 16, he pours it out onto a particular river. What is this river's name?
15. In Revelation chapter 17, John sees a harlot sitting on a beast with the name "MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH" written above her. What is the color of the beast that she sits on, one of the colors that she is also adorned with (along with purple)?
16. In Revelation chapter 18, the great Babylon has fallen. What does the mighty angel mentioned in this text throw into the water to show the fall of Babylon?
17. Revelation chapter 19 brings us to Armageddon, that final battleground. The Lord on His white horse is on the scene with a sharp sword projecting out of His mouth. Which animals of the earth are told to prepare to feast upon the dead of the earth?
18. In Revelation 20, where is Satan bound up for 1000 years?
19. Revelation chapter 21 describes the New Jerusalem. What does John tell us the "temple" consists of?
20. Revelation 22:2a says, "In the middle of its street, and on either side of the river, was the tree of life, which bore ______ fruits..." What word completes this line?
Source: Author jighm
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor CellarDoor
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.