Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The first red letters, the recorded words of Jesus in the Bible, based on his age at least, is found in Luke 2:49. Finish his question he asks from the New King James Version. "Why did you seek me? Did you not know that I must be about ________ business?"
2. The first red letters in the Bible are found in Matthew 3:15, which tells of John the Baptist baptizing Jesus. After telling Jesus that he (John) should be baptized by him instead, Jesus said to John, "Permit it to be so now, for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all ________." Finish Jesus' statement from the New King James Version.
3. During his time on Earth, Jesus spent 40 days in the wilderness, allowing himself to be tempted by Satan. In Luke 4:6-8, New King James Version, Satan told Jesus that he would give him everything he saw, if he would worship him, instead of God. Jesus rebuked Satan by saying, "Get behind me, Satan! For it is written, 'You shall ______ the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve." Fill in the blank.
4. One of the first miracles Jesus performed is found in John chapter two. During a wedding in Cana, Jesus' mother Mary told him that they had run out of wine. In his reply to her in verse four, based on the New King James Version, does he call his mother by her name?
5. Some red letters in the Bible are used by people today. One of these is found in John 8:7. The New King James Version of this verse says, "He who is without sin among you, let him throw a stone at her first." The woman referenced in this scripture was brought to Jesus by the Pharisees, because she was caught in which sinful act?
6. In the sixth chapter of Luke, there are a lot of red letters. Jesus, speaking to his disciples, said in Luke 6:37, "Judge not, and you shall not be judged. Condemn not, and you shall not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be ________." Based on the New King James Version, fill in the blank.
7. John 14:6 is a verse with red letters, often quoted as a favorite of Christians. Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the ______. No one comes to the Father except through Me." Finish his statement from the New King James Version.
8. Many red letters are words Jesus spoke during his miracles. One in particular occurred when a woman who suffered from bleeding for 12 years, merely touched Jesus' clothes. After asking who touched him, the woman told him why she touched him. In Mark 5:34, New King James Version, Jesus said to her, "Daughter, your ________ has made you well. Go in peace, and be healed of your affliction."
9. One of the last series of red letters before Jesus ascended into heaven, was what Christians call "The Great Commission." The New King James Version translation in Mark 16:15 says, "Go into all the world and preach the _____ to every creature."
10. The last book of the Bible is not without red letters. The last words spoken in the Bible by Jesus are found in Revelation 22:20. Finish the final statement in red letters, based on the New King James Version. "Surely, I am coming _______."
Source: Author jddrsi_raven
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor looney_tunes
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.