Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Behaviorism focuses on internal changes which we cannot observe.
2. Who is commonly known as the founder of Behaviorism?
3. What did B.F. Skinner use to condition his subjects to behave in a certain way?
4. Spontaneous recovery is when, for some time after extinction, a response can reappear at the sudden presentation of the conditioned stimulus.
5. Which of the following methods was not proposed by Edwin Guthrie to break a habitual behavior?
6. The Law of Reversibility states that behaviors followed by satisfying or pleasant consequences are likely to be repeated, and those followed by unpleasant consequences are less likely to be repeated.
7. When a neutral stimulus acquires the ability to elicit a response through repeated pairings with an unconditioned stimulus, it is called "acquisition".
8. According to B.F. Skinner, the use of negative reinforcement will increase and encourage the targeted behavior.
9. Diagnosing someone as an alcoholic in order to explain their compulsive behavior does not really explain why he or she is an alcoholic. This is an example of what?
10. Which of these is not a basic assumption of behaviorism?
Source: Author London Watcher
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.