Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Eleanor Roosevelt was deeply hurt by her husband's affair with Lucy Mercer in 1918 and wore the scars of that affair for many years after. In 1928, she met Lorena Hickok, with whom she had a loving affair for many years after. Upon Hickok's death in 1968, Hickok left over 3,000 letters written between Eleanor and her to the National archives with the understanding that they would remain sealed for 10 years following Hickok's death. Which of these is the best way to describe Eleanor Roosevelt's sexual orientation?
2. People who are "bisexual" are really in a transition phase and will eventually become fully heterosexual or homosexual.
3. Gay and bisexual teenage males have a significantly higher suicide rate than their heterosexual counterparts.
4. According to a book published in 2001 by Lee Badgett, what statement best represents the truth about incomes of gay and bisexual men relative to their heterosexual counterparts of the same race, education level, location, and occupation?
5. The noted singer and self-proclaimed bisexual, k.d. lang, in an interview with Marie Claire magazine, said, "... I have always felt inclined towards women. I have felt inclined towards men - not as deeply or sexually as towards women - but I'm definitely attracted to men." Which phrase best describes bisexuality?
6. The underlying problem with being bisexual is the need to have sexual relations with members of both genders, therefore making monogamy difficult, if not impossible.
7. Stephen "Donny the Punk" Donaldson, punker and avowed bisexual, passed "ad astra" on July 18, 1996, in New York City, from AIDS complications. Among other accomplishments, Donny founded and was president of the "Stop Prison Rape" foundation. Many people say that bisexuals cause AIDS to be transmitted to the heterosexual and lesbian communities. Which statement best refutes that comment?
8. "Focus on the Family", asserts, among other things, that 35% of pedophiles are homosexual, child molesters are 17 times more likely to be homosexual than heterosexual, homosexual pedophiles commit about 150 molestations each as opposed to their heterosexual counterparts who commit an average of 20 molestations. What statement best explains the problem with this assertion?
9. "Focus on the Family" is a Christian organization based in Colorado Springs, CO. This group, among other things, is vocally anti-gay. Which of these does NOT represent current thinking among the various Christian churches in America?
10. In the television series, "Queer as Folk", a lesbian couple is raising a child and many, but not all, countries allow adoption by couples of the same gender. Which of these choices represents a valid statement involving gays or lesbian couples adopting children?
Source: Author woofi
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor crisw
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.