Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. When does the Atlantic hurricane season officially begin?
2. Hurricanes are named when sustained wind speeds of 74 miles per hour are achieved. Severe storms have their names retired. Which one of these frequently used names for hurricanes has NOT been retired?
3. Where did the deadliest US hurricane on record in the 1900's make landfall?
4. When tropical storms reach wind speeds of 74mph in the North Indian Ocean and the Bay of Bengal what are they called?
5. What is the first official stage of a potential hurricane called?
6. Hurricanes are labeled on a category scale from 1 to 5. What is the name of this scale?
7. What part of a hurricane is the most dangerous?
8. Hurricanes are devastating to property and lives. What hurricane was the most costly, in monetary terms, to hit the US between 1910 and 2010?
9. What component of hurricane damage causes the most loss of life?
10. What direction does the air circulate in a cyclone in the Southern hemisphere?
Source: Author golfer46
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor rossian
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.