Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What do you call a tornado that is over water?
2. A tornado can touch down in a populated area and destroy one home while leaving the home next door virtually untouched.
3. Large groups of scientists and curious amateurs actually track tornadoes and attempt to study them "up close and personal". What are they called?
4. One of the largest producers of tornadoes is the area above the Mid-Western United States, which includes Kansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Iowa, and Texas. What is this area commonly referred to as?
5. Studies have been done to show what area records the most frequent lightning strikes in a calendar year. Where is it?
6. When a hurricane hits land, tornadoes are usually formed.
7. What is considered by scientists to be the strongest type of tornado measured on the Fujita scale?
8. A tornado can dissipate as soon as it forms.
9. If the conditions are right for a tornado to form, what does the National Weather Service issue?
10. Which of the following words is NOT associated with the path of a tornado?
Source: Author superferd
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor crisw
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.