Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What is a zephyr?
2. Who has a wind scale named after him, that measures wind force at sea?
3. What are the winds that occur on the eastern slopes of the Rockies called?
4. What are the dry, hot winds that occur in Southern California?
5. What are the winds called that cause heavy rainy summers and dry winters in India and Southeast Asia?
6. What are the flattened tubes of high-speed air that separate the warm flow of air or the mid-latitudes, from the cold or the polar?
7. What is the sudden change in horizontal or vertical wind speed or direction, over a short distance?
8. What is a dust or sand storm that occurs in northern and central Sudan called?
9. What is a cold, violent wind in the Rhone valley of France called?
10. What is the strong, dry, hot wind that blows from the hot interior of the Sahara Desert?
Source: Author stetienne
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor crisw
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.