Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which of these is NOT one of the factors that makes many island nations particularly vulnerable to the effects of climate change?
2. One of the many serious environmental issues plaguing small island nations in the Pacific and Indian Oceans, what is coral bleaching?
3. Is coral bleaching due solely to increased temperatures?
4. By their very nature, small islands are exposed to both slow-onset and rapid-onset coastal hazards. Which of the following would be considered a slow-onset coastal hazard?
5. What issue, particularly relevant to the delicate ecosystems of the Pacific islands, is exacerbated by climate change?
6. Flooding due to extreme weather events has a detrimental effect on the economy of small island nations, especially on agriculture, because of what process that negatively affects the quality of the soil?
7. Some of the manifestations of climate change on the Pacific Islands are more frequent king tides and increased intensity of tropical cyclones. Apart from structural damage, what is the biggest threat to Pacific Island nations from these weather events?
8. Tuvalu, a tiny Pacific Island nation, is very susceptible to climate change. What is the highest point on Tuvalu?
9. Which of these Pacific Island nations, situated in all four cardinal hemispheres, is one of the world's most vulnerable to changes in sea levels?
10. The Alliance of Small Island States is an association of 14 Pacific Island nations, whose single charter relates to fighting climate change. True or false?
Source: Author LadyNym
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor rossian
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.