Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In the 70s, when a Reds player went to the All-Star game, instead of their normal plain black spikes, they would often wear what color of spikes?
2. On the syndicated series called "The Baseball Bunch", what guest star served as the "Baseball Wizard" for Johnny Bench and his kids?
3. In the infamous game 6 of the 1975 World Series, Denny Doyle was thrown out at the plate, trying to score in the bottom of the 9th. What Red Sox player hit the long foul ball that Foster caught and threw to the plate keeping the score knotted at 6?
4. Following the 1975 World Series, what famous announcer was let go by NBC, due to nasty remarks he made about the city of Cincinnati winning the World Series?
5. Everyone remembers that Fisk hit the 12th inning HR off of Pat Darcy in game 6 of the 1975 World Series, but what "bone-headed" pitcher gave up the 3 run dinger to Bernie Carbo in the bottom of the 8th tying the game at 6-6?
6. What Red was not only a hot item on the field in the 70s, but also guest starred on many TV shows, including Hee Haw and the Bobby Goldsboro Show?
7. The downfall of the Big Red Machine started in 1977, when Tony Perez and Will McEnaney were traded to the Montreal Expos for Dale Murray and what player?
8. What Reds infielder had his hair and eyebrows badly singed, when he climbed in an industrial sized clothes dryer in the mid-70s?
9. When the Reds won the 1972 National League Pennant over the Pirates, the Reds entered the bottom of the 9th down 3-2. Johnny Bench hit an opposite field HR to tie the game, and later in the inning what Reds player scored the winning run on a Bob Moose wild pitch?
10. How many Reds were traded to the Mets for Tom Seaver?
Source: Author tscman
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nightmare
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.