Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Upon announcing a ball game's attendance, Marty states: '(Total attendance) showed up to see today's (tonight's) ________ ________.'
2. Who was Marty's co-announcer?
3. Marty is also affectionately known as the ____________.
4. What does Marty say after the first pitch of every game?
5. Marty's definition of a low score ball game is a ____________ ?
6. When a team is being beaten by a very high margin of runs, Marty says they're getting _____________ ?
7. Marty enjoys referring to the battling ball clubs by their full (extended) names. What does he sometimes call the Reds?
8. What state is Marty from?
9. What year did Marty first begin announcing for the Reds?
10. What year did Marty receive the Ford C. Frick Award from the Baseball Hall of Fame?
11. Rumor has it (on good authority) that Marty was asked to change his speech for the Hall of Fame Award Ceremony. He was asked not to acknowledge a particular baseball player. Which ball player?
12. Who was the Reds announcer before Marty?
13. In his first opportunity as an announcer, what sport did Marty do play-by-play for?
14. Listeners will sometimes send letters or e-mails to Marty about weddings or anniversaries. What does Marty usually exclaim after reading one on the air?
15. What does Marty announce after the last out of a Reds win?
Source: Author leakypickle
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nightmare
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.