Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which of these team names was never used by the Cincinnati franchise?
2. The Reds would have to wait until 1938 to see a Cincinnati player win the MVP Award for the first time. Who was this Hall of Fame catcher?
3. When the Reds appeared in their first World Series, they won it all, but not without controversy. The series was marked with alleged gambling, game-fixing, and payoffs. Which year was this that was called, 'The Black Sox Scandal'?
4. In 1988, who threw Cincinnati's first-ever perfect game?
5. Who was the first Reds player to hit 50 home runs in a season?
6. The Reds moved into Crosley Field in 1912, and stayed there for 58 years. Where did they play their home games prior?
7. Which Reds player was the first to win a Rookie of the Year Award?
8. When did this 20th Century franchise first begin play in a professional and sanctioned league?
9. This decade saw the Reds go to four World Series, and win two of them consecutively. Which decade was this?
10. Which of these Reds pitchers retired with the most career strikeouts for the team?
Source: Author Nightmare
This quiz was reviewed by our editing team before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.