Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. A United player is dribbling the ball towards City's goal. Suddenly, his shoe accidentaly falls off. With only one shoe on, he decides to take a shot and he scores a goal. The referee should use what method of restarting play?
2. Prior to the rule change in 2019 -- when a dropped ball was awarded, only one person from each team could participate in the restart method of a dropped ball.
3. To replace a player with a substitute, how many conditions must be observed?
4. A United player is on a breakaway with an obvious opportunity to score a goal. He dribbles past the City goalkeeper and has an open net to shoot at. Suddenly, a City player fouls the United player, who falls to the ground. The infringement occurred inside the penalty area. What card should the City player receive, and how should the play be restarted?
5. The referee has called for a dropped ball. One player from City and one player from United are contesting for the ball. The referee drops the ball and it touches the ground. However, with very strong wind occurring, the ball doesn't get touched by anyone and rolls past the touchline. How should the referee restart the play?
6. United and City are competing in a match when suddenly, a spectator blows his own whistle. The United player who had posession of the ball thought the referee blew his whistle, so he picks up the ball. What is the correct restart method?
7. The assistant referee raised his flag in his right hand to signal a foul. However, he has to switch the flag into his other hand, which is the left one. How should he switch the flag into his left hand?
8. A United player scores a goal. The fans are cheering and the players are happy. The United player decides to leave the field of play and jump into the crowd to celebrate his goal. What card should he receive?
9. Impeding (or obstructing) a player results in a direct free kick.
10. If the ball rebounds off the corner flag post, the ball is still in play.
Source: Author xizzlex
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nightmare
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.