Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The morning before the game, you look in the paper and see the other team's formation. It is a 4-3-3 formation. You can see the weakness in that formation immediately. What is the weakness and what formation would best exploit that weakness?
2. Your squad has just come off a tough and exhausting semi-final. What should you do today (The day before the grand final)?
3. It is the night before the final, your squad is in the hotel waiting to find out what they will be doing tonight. Which is the best thing to do?
4. The opposition coach says at the press conference, "We're the underdogs here, the other team has won, we're just hoping not to get embarrassed". What do you say?
5. You have decided to rest your star player for the first half, so he can come on as a substitute ten minutes before half time and destroy the opposition. The player has not thought about it like that and threatens to leave the club and not play unless he gets his starting spot back. What do you do?
6. An hour before kick-off, your regular goalie complains of back pains. You cannot bring another player in, so what do you do? (You have a substitute goalie on the bench)
7. The game is kicked off! Your ploy of playing with the wide players seem to be working, as you create chance after chance, but your team just can't seem to convert their opportunities into goals. You go close to scoring a few times, what do you do?
8. The half time whistle blows, the scores locked at 0-0. Your team has had better ball possession and had 6 shots at goal. The opposition has only had one shot, and it was well saved by the substitute keeper. Your regular keeper's back feels better. What should you do now?
9. As the second half kicks off, the opposition side have made two changes and changed their formation to a 3-5-2 formation. They are no longer as vulnerable on the wings anymore. What do you do?
10. The referee makes a blatantly wrong call, resulting in a penalty to the opposing side, which they convert. 1-0! You're a goal down with 30 minutes left. What do you do?
11. Your substitute makes a great pass to your striker and he scores! 1 all! What a great tactical decision! What now?
12. Your team keeps playing well, you keep creating chances, but the opposition keeper has been playing brilliantly all game. The full time whistle is blown. The score is 1-1, so the game must go into extra time. Which do you do now?
13. Extra time is kicked off! After about 8 minutes, one of your players gets injured. Lucky you saved a substitution! You use up your last change. The opposition team has still got one change left in hand, and at the end of the first session of extra time, no one has scored. Remember, in extra time, it's the golden goal rule. Whoever scores first wins the game. What now?
14. The second spell of extra time ends. You have to pick your penalty shoot out teams. You have the five best players at taking penalties to choose from. What is the best order for them to kick?
15. Congratulations! You won the penalty shoot out 4-3! Your clever order of kickers secured the victory! Now, the most important question. How do you celebrate?
Source: Author jinzie
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor silverginger
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.