Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Who won the very first Indianapolis 500?
2. The Bonneville Salt Flats have long been the site for setting and breaking land speed records. In what state are they located?
3. Who was the first person to drive in excess of 400 miles per hour?
4. What does the acronym NASCAR stand for?
5. One of the early stars of auto racing was Barney Oldfield. What was the famous number of the car he drove?
6. In what year did Jackie Stewart win his first Formula One Grand Prix race?
7. Mario Andretti was born in the USA to Italian immigrant parents.
8. How many laps around the track make up the Indianapolis 500?
9. Erwin Baker, a former race driver, was the first Commissioner of NASCAR. What was his nickname?
10. The Beach Boys song "Spirit of America" was inspired by what famous driver and auto maker?
Source: Author Bob9491
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.