Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In 1994 the darts world split in two; there were those who remained with the established British Darts Organisation (BDO) and the contingent that broke away into the new world of the World Darts Council (WDC) which later became the Professional Darts Corporation (PDC). Where was the first WDC/PDC World Darts Championship held?
2. The final of the inaugural WDC/PDC World Darts Championship held in 1994 was a one-sided affair. Which English player nicknamed "The Menace" became the first winner of the event with a convincing six sets to one victory over a future star of the sport?
3. The WDC/PDC World Darts Championship of 1995 saw the start of one of the most incredible periods of domination in a single person sport. Who won eight successive championships over the years 1995 through 2002?
4. Which of the following countries did John Part, who had the excellent nickname of "Darth Maple", represent when he won the 2003 PDC World Darts Championship?
5. In 2004 the darts player nicknamed "The Power" returned to winning ways when he narrowly beat Kevin Painter in the final of that year's PDC World Darts Championship. What was Kevin Painter's nickname?
6. John Part became only the second person to win the PDC World Darts Championship on two separate occasions when he comfortably beat Kirk Shepherd in 2008. This tournament was the first to be held at the competition's new home in London. In which London venue was the 2008 World Championship held?
7. In 2009, Raymond van Barneveld made history by being the first to win a leg at the PDC World Darts Championship with the minimum number of darts possible. What is the common name given to such an achievement?
8. In 2011, Gary Anderson became the first British person born north of Hadrian's Wall to reach the final of the PDC World Darts Championship. Which part of the UK did Gary Anderson represent?
9. Famous for his hairless head, gurning expressions and green jersey, who became the second Dutchman to win the PDC World Darts Championship after Raymond van Barneveld?
10. For the 2013 PDC World Darts Championship, the trophy that was awarded to the winner of the competition was named for which comical commentator who had entertained viewers of darts on Sky Sports for years?
Source: Author jonnowales
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.