Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In which year during the 1960s did San Diego have a championship in any major sport (MLB, NBA, NFL, NHL)?
2. In 1970, which of these players was traded from the San Diego Chargers?
3. Sadly, no mention of the San Diego sports curse can go without the tragedy of the 1994 San Diego Chargers team. In May 2012, linebacker Junior Seau became the ________ member to die before the age of 44.
4. The curse reared its ugly head in 1998 after the San Diego Chargers drafted what future quarterback who would later be characterized as a draft bust?
5. When did Tom Werner purchase the San Diego Padres from Joan Kroc?
6. In 2004, the San Diego Padres had the first pick overall in the MLB draft.
7. The San Diego Padres went to their second-ever World Series in 1998. Game 1 had a controversial call from Rich Garcia after a 2-2 pitch was declared a ball. What player was at the plate and hit the grand slam on the next pitch?
8. For years, San Diego had a professional basketball team with dismal results and finishes near the bottom of the league. In which year did Chamberlain coach the Conquistadors of the American Basketball Association?
9. Even college football has its role. In 1990, San Diego State kicker Andy Trakas missed three field goals against what team?
10. As with many cities affected with sports curses, minor league teams are not affected, sometimes becoming very successful. One was the professional indoor soccer team, San Diego Sockers, which existed from 1978 to 1996. How many championships did they win total?
Source: Author GoodVibe
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.