Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In my shallow attempts to find tenuous links with the fabulous 'Friends', I realized that, unlike the three girls, I have never been pregnant or had a child. Although once, however, a someone did ask me "When are you due?" which was more than humiliating. So I suppose that was one dubious link to the women? In the episode "The One With the Birth", actress June Gable plays the midwife who helps Carol give birth. What other character in later episodes did she play?
2. I admit, I have never dated Brad Pitt. I did, however, once date someone who knew someone who was called Brad. In "The One With the Rumor", Brad Pitt plays Will, who co-founded a club in high school called the 'I Hate Rachel Green Club'. How many members of the club were there?
3. Unlike Joey, I have not met any royalty. But I do have the same hat that he wore when he met Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York, whilst the friends were in London for Ross's wedding. What image was on the hat?
4. I'm a bit rubbish at all things 'DIY' (in an attempt to see if it was still working, I was once persuaded to lick a battery, and reeled from the shock as it stuck to my tongue). In "The One With the Secret Closet", Joey and Chandler appear to be even more inept at DIY, as they try to unlock a closet door so that they can see what Monica seems to be hiding in it. What was unusual about this scene?
5. In the search for a twenty-two inch waist, I bought an exercise DVD. I burn dozens of calories just by dusting the shelf it sits on throughout the year. In "The One Where Ross Finds Out", Monica decides to get Chandler fit. To encourage him, she sings a little tune: "We're workin', we're movin', we're in the zone we're groovin'!"
In the episode "The One With the Tiny T-Shirt", another character comes into Monica's apartment, dances around the kitchen table, and leaves again. While doing this, he/she is singing the same tune, but with different words: "Oh mommy, oh daddy, I am a big old baddie! Oh mommy, oh daddy, I am a big old baddie!" Which character does this?
6. I'd like to think of myself as multi-linguistic, rather like Phoebe Buffay. But after trying to order 'eggs on toast' at a restaurant in Spain once, and not realizing that the Spanish word for 'eggs' is almost the same as 'Thursdays'... well, you can see where I'm going with it. Who does Phoebe attempt to teach French to, with disastrous results?
7. Once a month, I brave the beauty salon to have my eyebrows waxed. I tend to have a bit more brow off than strictly necessary, so I don't have to endure the experience quite as often; consequently, I come out looking rather startled. When Joey could only stand one of his eyebrows being waxed, who was it who plucked his other eyebrow when he got home?
8. Getting a spray tan is tricky. I invariably end up looking like I've been 'Tangoed'. In "The One With Ross' Tan", what was it that prompted Ross to get a spray tan in the first place?
9. To my shame, I did once retrieve some chocolate cake from the bin, during a late-night craving for something sweet. My cupboard was bare, so my only option was to search for the remains of the cake, and scrape the bin juice off. I am not alone in my questionable habits. Which two characters in "Friends" loved their cheesecake so much, they ate it off the floor after it had fallen off the plate?
10. Nothing alarms me more than when I'm at dinner with a nice, large bowl of fries in front of me, and I see someone's hand looming towards them, in the false assumption that I'm willing to share. Fortunately, I am in good company. In "The One With Ross' Sandwich" Ross gets very angry when someone steals his sandwich at work. What does Ross call the extra layer of gravy-soaked bread that is in the middle of this sandwich?
Source: Author dopple44
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor ladymacb29
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.