Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What British game show was based on the Spanish game show "Un, dos, tres... responda otra vez"?
2. The US game show "Family Feud" got taken up in the UK in 1980 and became what TV show?
3. This time a show originally came from Germany with the name "Wetten, dass..?". What UK game show came from that title?
4. Adapted from the French show "Intervilles" and part of the international Jeux Sans Frontieres franchise, this show even had royalty playing it at one stage. What was this town vs town show called in the UK?
5. Part of the Japanese game show "Tonneruzu no Minasan no Okage deshita" was called "Nôkabe". "Nôkabe", translated "Brain Wall", was transformed into this two-sided three-a-side celebrity team game on British TV. What was it called in the UK?
6. For the origins of the next TV show we must go to The Netherlands and the Dutch TV show "Een van de acht" ("One of the Eight"). In 1971 it became the must-watch show on Saturday night TV in the UK for almost 30 years. What was this show called?
7. Based on the format of the French show "La Chasse au Trésor", this programme used a helicopter and had Anneka Rice starring in it in a jumpsuit. It ran from 1982 to 1989 on UK's Channel 4. What was the show called in the UK?
8. "Des chiffres et des lettres" started off on French TV in 1965 and was brought to the UK in November 1982 to be the first programme broadcast on the new Channel 4 in a new British format. What is this show called?
9. The US programme "Chain Reaction" was changed to what when it was brought to the UK?
10. The US show "Hollywood Squares", where two contestants played 'Tic-tac-toe', had versions in over 20 countries worldwide. What name did it go under in the UK?
Source: Author pmarney
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor guitargoddess
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.