Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This dyslexic entrepreneur and "Virgin" business magnate and investor was knighted in 1999. Who is he?
2. This English heavyweight boxer is known for his left hook, called "Enry's 'Ammer", and affectionately known in the UK as "Our 'Enery". He was knighted in 2000. Who is this twice-winner of the BBC Sports Personality of the Year Award?
3. This next knight was the first "rock star" to be awarded a knighthood. This "Bachelor Boy" was often referred to as the "British Elvis". Who is he?
4. This cyclist was the first Briton to win the Tour de France. In the same year he also won the BBC Sports Personality of the Year Award. Who is this knight?
5. This next knight was born in Treforest South Wales in 1940 and was knighted in 2006 for services to music. Well known for his tight pants and hip gyrations. It was not unknown for his females fans to shower him with their undergarments. Who is the Welsh "Sex Bomb"?
6. Born in 1962, this oarsman knight who suffers from diabetes mellitus type 2 has shown over the years that this is not a reason not to participate at the international level. Who is this knight, winner of five Olympic gold medals and one bronze medal over the years?
7. This actor, comedian and singer-songwriter born in 1915 and knighted in 2000 found fame implying he was a fool. In later life he found fame again, this time in Albania. Charlie Chaplin once said he was his "favourite clown". Who was this giant of British comedy?
8. Born Maurice Joseph Micklewhite, this knight of the realm who has appeared in over 100 films. One of his most famous lines was from a 1969 film and he is remembered for this line even today. Who is this actor who said, "You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!"?
9. Knighted in 1985, this knight has become the face and voice of natural history programmes on TV in the UK. His elder brother was a director, producer and actor in cinema films. What name does this person have?
10. This Welsh actor, who was influenced by Richard Burton and knighted in 1993, is sometimes remembered for the line "I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti". Who is this knight?
Source: Author pmarney
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.