Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. "Swan Upping" happens once a year. On what English river does it take place?
2. What is unusual about the Bramble Bank cricket match?
3. We enjoyed our "laverbread" (or "bara lawr" in Welsh) today. What have we been eating?
4. If I told the wife I was just off to do a bit of "haafing", what would I be doing?
5. I'm serving in the British Army and I've just been served "Gunfire" by my Platoon Commander. What have I received?
6. Cooper's Hill In Gloucestershire England is famous for what?
7. Walking through London I have in my pocket a "Lady Godiva," a "monkey," a "pony" and a "score." How many pounds in total do I have in my pocket?
8. Ashbourne, Derbyshire is the venue for what World Championships?
9. If I was out for a nice day "gricing" where would you expect to see me?
10. Besides being the setting and location for the comedy series "Last of the Summer Wine," what other claim to fame does Holmfirth have?
Source: Author pmarney
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Snowman
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.