Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. "Gold Rush!" came packaged with a long book, filled with facts about life in nineteenth century California. In order to even play the game, you had to answer a historical trivia question. What happened if you failed?
2. In what city do you begin the game?
3. If you have business at home, you must take care of it quickly. What important news is announced early in the game that makes getting to California much more difficult?
4. You can get to California three ways: overland by wagon train (easy), around Cape Horn by ship (harder), or overland across Panama (hardest). If you go the South American route, what must you buy and take with you?
5. No matter which route you take you'll meet a fellow who presents you with a Bible. Which Bible passage gives you an important hint about your brother's location?
6. Upon arriving in Sacramento, you visit Sutter's Fort, but your brother is nowhere around. The blacksmith, however, has a present for you from Jake. What is it?
7. California was a rough and tumble area at the time, and frontier justice was harsh. While searching the area, it's very easy to wind up getting lynched. Which is NOT a way your character can wind up at the end of a rope?
8. After a lot of searching (why couldn't he just meet us at the fort?), your brother sends a message. In order to find his secret cabin, you are to follow his animal. What sort of animal?
9. Well, we're at Jake's house, but he's not in. Where is the mine's entrance hidden?
10. What special tool do you need to enter the mine?
Source: Author Czolgolz
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor kyleisalive
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.