Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which of the following is Spanish for "Germany"?
2. Which country is named "Suecia" in Spanish?
3. "Los Estados Unidos" is the United States in Spanish. What is the Spanish word for the United Kingdom?
4. Morocco and Spain have had many border disputes in the past. Look for 'España' in the Spanish newspapers to identify their homeland. Which word would you look for to find the Moroccan homeland in Spanish newspapers?
5. Speaking of Spain, you may be familiar with different provinces within the Iberian Peninsula. One, located in the north, is called "the Basque Country" or the "Basque Region" in English. What is it in Spanish?
6. The country Belize is spelled the same in Spanish and English.
7. Canada is spelled with an accent in Spanish.
8. Which of the following countries is spelled the same in Spanish and in English?
9. Which of these European countries is NOT written correctly in Spanish?
10. Which of the following is Spanish for Scotland?
11. Egypt is still spelled with a "y" in Spanish.
12. Which Middle Eastern country does not carry an accent in Spanish?
13. Which is the correct spelling for Cameroon in Spanish?
14. Which is the correct spelling for Slovakia in Spanish?
15. What is Spanish for France?
Source: Author packard3
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Bruyere
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.