Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This ship sank on April 15th, 1912, traveling from Southampton, England to New York.
2. This ship caught fire off the coast of Vietnam, in 1967, and burned for nearly twenty-four hours before help could arrive?
3. In 1872, the brig Mary Celeste created a big sea mystery. What was the mystery?
4. The United States Submarine U.S.S. Squalus sank off the east coast of the United States in 1939. What is so significant about this sinking?
5. What doomed ship ran aground, off the New Jersey shore in 1934, after a series of headline making tragic events on board, including suspected arson?
6. In 1963 the United States lost a submarine off the coast of New England due to some kind of malfunction during a deep dive. What was the name of this ship that imploded?
7. What submarine was involved in a major scandal after its disappearance in 1968?
8. What is considered the worst maritime disaster on the Great Lakes?
9. In what famous shipwreck on the Great Lakes did the great majority of the passengers and crew survive the initial sinking only to lose their lives trying to reach shore?
10. What warship was sunk shortly after delivering components for the atomic bomb?
Source: Author blakey
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.