Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The term First Lady was originally used in reference to what presidential spouse while her husband was in office?
2. What avian-named first lady was the first to hold the Bible as her husband was sworn in as President?
3. This First Lady's father served with the British Army during the American Revolution and she was the first British subject to become First Lady. Can you name her?
4. Who was the first First Lady to earn a graduate degree?
5. She is the first First Lady to be both a spouse and a mother to a U.S. President.
6. What First Lady is the first to be elected to the United States Senate after her husband was elected president?
7. What First Lady was the first to cast a vote for her husband for President?
8. The wife of our 10th President was the first First Lady to die while in the White House. She was 51. Who was she?
9. She is the first First Lady to be given an honorary seat on the floor of Congress. She is also the first American to respond to a telegraph message, which incidentally was sent by Samuel Morse.
10. The first First Lady to marry a bachelor President, she is also the first to give birth in the White House. Who is she?
Source: Author Becher
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Bruyere
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.