Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Who was the first President to fly while in office?
2. Boeing began providing jet aircraft to be used as Air Force One under which President?
3. Who came up with the idea of having a special plane designated solely for flying the President?
4. Who is the only President to receive the oath of office aboard an aircraft?
5. When Truman received his new plane, a Douglas VC-116/DC-6, he nicknamed it after his hometown. What was the nickname of this presidential plane?
6. Who flew to West Germany on Air Force One to greet the newly released embassy hostages from Iran in 1981?
7. Who was the first American President that was also a licensed pilot?
8. Air Force One was used by Henry Kissinger to engage in secret meetings with the President of North Vietnam during the Nixon administration. Kissinger referred to these meetings as what?
9. The call sign of presidential planes was forever changed during an Eisenhower flight. The control tower called Eisenhower's presidential plane "Columbine II" by its call name, Air Force 610, but was answered by flight Eastern 610. This potentially dangerous situation prompted the change to Air Force One.
10. Which man started a flight on Air Force One as President, and landed several hours later as a private citizen?
Source: Author DieHard
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor DakotaNorth
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.