Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Benito Amilcare Andrea Mussolini was born the 29 July 1883 in a small Italian town in Forli. In which Italian province is Forli located?
2. In 1902, Mussolini emigrated to this country where he could not find a permanent job but became very active in the Socialist Party organizing meetings, giving speeches and calling for general strikes.
3. The Francisco Franco-led Spanish Nationalists, who were inspired by Mussolini's ideals, were on the victorious side of a horrendous civil war. How was Franco officially known after winning the war and taking power?
4. One of Mussolini's aims was to transform Italy in a true world empire. Which African country did his troops invade and occupy in 1935?
5. Adolf Hitler's Nazism was inspired in Mussolini's fascist philosophy.
6. Who visited Mussolini in Rome convinced that after some concessions he would enter the approaching WWII on the Allies side?
7. This general was the military "attaché" in Rome's embassy of his country before WWII. He admired and was inspired by most of Mussolini's policies to later apply them in his country. Who was this famous general?
8. This aristocrat wrote a massive diary which was an invaluable piece after the end of WWII to understand Mussolini's regime. Which position did this person hold from 1936 to 1943 in Mussolini's government?
9. On 24 July 1943, "The Grand Council of Fascism", the actual "government" of Italy at the time, voted 19 against 7 to force Mussolini to leave power. But he ignored it. Who was the person who on the same day effectively stripped Mussolini of all powers?
10. On 27 April 1945, Mussolini and Claretta Petacci were captured by Communist partisans. The day after, she and Mussolini were taken to Mezzegra and shot. Who was Claretta Petacci?
Source: Author VANEYK
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor trident
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.