Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Who was born in Arthington, Liberia and educated at Bentley College, Waltham, Massachusetts? He took over the leadership of his country in 1997 after becoming one of the most prominent warlords in Africa.
2. Who was one of the leading figures in the fight for the end of colonialism in West Africa and one of the primary forces behind Guinea's acceptance of the offer of independence from France?
3. Who was born and raised in Kano, Nigeria before being trained at Aldershot in England? He held power from 1993 until his death in 1998.
4. Who was educated at the University of Dar Es Salaam in Tanzania where he forged associations with other future African presidents? His son succeeded him in 2001 following his death as a result of being shot by his own body guard.
5. Who was the first president of what had previously been the British colony Nyasaland and was educated at Central State University in Wilberforce, Ohio?
6. Who first taught in Ghana in the late 50s where he became involved in Marxism and African nationalism before returning home to oust the Rhodesian Front government led by Ian Smith?
7. Who became President of the Democratic Republic of the Congo in 1965 but was overthrown as President of Zaire in 1997?
8. Who was head of state of the Central African Republic and its successor state, the Central African Empire, which was created when he declared himself Emperor for Life in 1977?
9. Who was ousted from power in 2011 through the uprising of practically his entire nation? He was replaced by his long time opponent, Ali Zeidan, who was democratically elected prime minister.
10. Often cited as the worst African dictator of the twentieth century, this man only ruled for eight years and died in exile in Saudi Arabia in 2003. Who is he?
Source: Author gillyz
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor stedman
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.