Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. You find a 'Pension' which looks as if the outside hasn't been altered since the 1960s. You are struck by the fact that it proudly claims to offer 'solide Preise'. What does this mean?
2. How does one normally say in German 'a house with a blue roof'?
3. Which of these is the correct translation of 'He is sitting in the armchair, the dog at his feet'?
4. How does one say 'It's about to start'?
5. How does one say in German 'He boggled open mouthed'?
6. How does one say in German 'She got the shock of her life'?
7. Someone exclaims 'Pfui!' Which of these is the closest English counter-part?
8. What is the correct way of saying 'They've walked past the house'?
9. 'Es rumort im Garten'. What does this mean in English?
10. A restaurant proudly advertises 'Gutbürgerliche Küche'. What on earth does this really mean?
Source: Author bloomsby
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Beatka
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.