Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Cracks can be found along the floor and ceiling of the House of Commons due to the slight tilt of which London landmark, renamed in 2012?
2. Known better as Tiger Hill Pagoda, the Huqiu Tower leans by three degrees in which country?
3. Which Dutch city, the resting place of artist Johannes Vermeer, features a church tower unwisely constructed on top of an old canal?
4. The Nevyansk Tower in Russia leans by approximately three degrees, but this hardly makes it unique. Instead, this 18th century tower is surrounded by legends due to what oddity, unique among most buildings?
5. Curiously, the pinnacle of this temple dedicated to Shiva remains perpendicular to the ground even though the building tilts wildly. What is the temple known as?
6. Officially called Torre Nueva, which Spanish tower was demolished in 1892 because it was believed collapse was imminent?
7. Water can undermine even the best built towers. What water source is the reason the Bad Frankenhausen church tower leans?
8. In May, 2008, engineers claimed to have stopped which famous tower from continuing to edge ever closer to collapse?
9. Capital Gate Tower, intentionally built leaning a whopping 18 degrees, can be found in which extremely affluent Middle Eastern capital city?
10. In which North American city can you find Olympic Stadium, featuring the world's tallest intentionally leaning tower?
Source: Author AlexT781
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor stedman
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.