Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Susan B. Anthony spent her adult life fighting for women's right to vote. She died in 1906, 14 years before women were finally granted the right to vote with the passage of which Constitutional amendment?
2. Despite living in Rochester, New York and not being allowed to vote, Susan B. Anthony did vote. She and the election officials that allowed her to vote in the 1872 election were arrested and put on trial. How many other women were arrested for voting with her?
3. When she voted in the 1872 elections, what did Susan B. Anthony claim as the basis for her having the right to vote?
4. Susan B. Anthony was denied her right to trial by jury for voting in the 1872 elections.
5. Why did Susan B. Anthony object to the 15th Amendment of the US Constitution?
6. Susan B. Anthony was fined $100. What is a reason she refused to pay it?
7. What happened to the election officials who allowed Susan B. Anthony and 13 other women to vote?
8. Among the 14 women who voted alongside Susan B. Anthony, how many were indicted for illegally voting?
9. After her trial for voting in the 1872 election, did Susan B. Anthony ever vote again?
10. Susan B. Anthony's trial was moved from Rochester to Canadaigua, New York after the prosecutor requested a change of venue. What was the prosecutor's reason for requesting the change?
Source: Author AlexT781
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.