Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which railway company were attributed with the first fully authenticated speed record for a steam locomotive?
2. What speed (in miles per hour), did Trevithick's Penydarren Locomotive attain?
3. The Flying Scotsman locomotive attained a world speed record for steam trains, with a maximum speed attained of 100mph. In what year?
4. The USA attained their only world speed record for steam trains, with a maximum speed attained of 112 mph, in May 1935. Which company operated the locomotive?
5. Which country was accredited with the first fully authenticated world diesel train speed record in December 1932?
6. What was the name of the train that attained the second fully authenticated World Diesel speed record, for the USA, in May 1934?
7. Spain have achieved only one World Diesel train speed record, with a maximum speed attained of 137.9mph. It happened in May of which year?
8. Up until 1990, only four countries were accredited with fully authenticated World Electric train speed records. Which countries are they?
9. With a maximum speed attained of 126.1mph, what was the name of the train that held the World Electric speed record in July 1939?
10. In what year was the first fully authenticated World Electric train speed record set?
Source: Author wez
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.