Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This Indian train was originally meant to be used by the rulers of the erstwhile states of Rajputana, Gujarat and the Nizam of Hyderabad and the Viceroy of British India. It departs from New Delhi on an 8 day journey covering the states of Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh.
2. This historic train's route was between Paris and Istanbul. It featured in an Agatha Christie novel.
3. This famous Swiss train runs from Zermatt to St. Moritz. It is described as the 'slowest fast train in the world'.
4. This British train operates between London King's Cross and Edinburgh Waverley. It was originally a steam train.
5. This world-famous Russian railway traverses 8 time zones in a time period of 7 days. Its main route is Moscow-Vladivostok.
6. This is a network of Japanese trains, also known as bullet trains. The name when translated, means 'new trunk line'.
7. This historic Australian train runs between Adelaide and Darwin. Its name is derived from the train's old name, The Afghan Express.
8. This American train travels 3924 km between Chicago and Emeryville, California.
9. This Canadian train runs between Toronto and Vancouver and started operations in April 1955.
10. This South African luxury train runs between Pretoria and Cape Town. It is operated by Luxrail.
Source: Author sreya18
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Bruyere
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.