Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Richard Trevithick is credited with having built the first steam locomotive. In what time period did this happen?
2. In United States Code, Title 49, Subtitle V, Part C, Chapter 247, Section 24701, what rail system is tasked with operating a national rail passenger transportation system?
3. In railway parlance, what is a roundhouse?
4. I used to be at the end of pretty much every North American train. Nowadays, I'm all but gone from the rail scene. What am I?
5. What type of railroad car is used for the transport of liquid and gaseous cargo?
6. Train tracks are constantly checked for damage and aging. What would be the probable result of a track having several feet of missing rail?
7. You might think I'm talking about cows on roller skates, but what am I actually referring to when I use the term rolling stock?
8. If you like railroad bridges, you should go and see the longest one in the world. But in which country can it be found?
9. Many trains have specific names assigned to their route. What is the name of the train that connects Chicago and a port city in Louisiana, made famous by singers such as Arlo Guthrie and Johnny Cash?
10. Sometimes trains need a little extra traction to climb grades. What substance can be placed on the tracks to provide that extra grip?
Source: Author Xallenger
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor stedman
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.