Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. I needed a new bath robe, and on eBay's French site I spotted a whole page of 'robes'. I managed to win one, so when my parcel arrived, what did it contain?
2. On a quick visit to the German eBay, I found a listing for 'gift'. That sounded as if it would have been something nice, and I love presents. What did the postman bring me this time?
3. I visited the Polish eBay, and soon found a listing for a 'karawan'. That must be a caravan, surely, but what mode of transport was I actually bidding on?
4. I'm off to a wedding soon, so I decided to buy some 'confetti'. It sounds like an Italian word, so I checked out eBay Italia and bought some from there. What will I be throwing at the bride?
5. I needed some makeup, so I tried the Portuguese eBay. I found what I wanted, listed as 'máscara'. I thought I was buying something to make my eyelashes longer, but what did I receive?
6. On the Norwegian eBay, I found a whole page devoted to fruit. I love apples, so made a bid on 'appelsin'. Which fruit had I really bought?
7. Australians speak English, so I couldn't get confused on their eBay site, surely? Having found a listing for 'bon bons', I was confident that my parcel would contain toffee sweets, but what arrived?
8. Hoping the common language would help, I decided to go to eBay's American listings. I needed new underwear, so I bought 'pants'. I didn't get what I expected, so what turned up when my parcel was delivered?
9. Browsing eBay Spain, I found 'sopa' listed. That must be soap, I thought, so I went for the 'buy it now' option. What had I really bought?
10. Exhausted by my online shopping, I made some toast while opening my purchase from eBay France. It was listed as 'marmite', and I was expecting a savoury spread to go on my toast, but what had I managed to buy?
Source: Author rossian
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor stedman
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.