Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In which of these countries is the festival of Sizdah Be-dar (also called 'Nature Day') an official holiday?
2. The traditional Chinese festival of Qingming typically falls on the 4th or 5th day of April. Which of these are particularly remembered on this day?
3. Vesak is one of the most important festivals for followers of the Buddhist faith. While the date typically changes every year based on the lunar calendar, which country has fixed the celebration for the 8th of April after officially adopting the solar calendar?
4. Many different regions of India celebrate harvest festivals during the month of April. In which state is the festival of Baisakhi celebrated?
5. Which Christian festival, that commemorates the resurrection of Jesus, has a movable date and may sometimes fall during the month of April?
6. Another festival that on some years occurs during April is the Jewish festival of the Passover. Which of these Biblical figures is closely associated with this festival?
7. Which of these cultures celebrates their new year festival Songkran in April?
8. Australia and New Zealand observe a national day of remembrance on the 25th of April. It originally honoured soldiers who fought in which faraway country?
9. The followers of which lesser-known faith observe a 12 day long festival called Ridvan that generally begins on the 19th of April?
10. The last day of April is celebrated as "Witches' Eve" in some parts of Europe. Ironically, this is the precursor to which Catholic Saint's feast on the next day?
Source: Author zorba_scank
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor stedman
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.