Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. I took off from Frankfurt Main International Airport in Germany on Icelandair, the national flag carrier of Iceland. I circled around a peninsula in southwestern Iceland and landed at the largest airport in the country, and hub for Icelandair. Where am I?
2. I took off from Charlotte/Douglas International Airport on US Airways, heading north. Before landing, my plane was routed over Three Mile Island, a nuclear power plant known for its partial meltdown in 1979. While landing, the Susquehanna River is visible from the left side of the aircraft. What Pennsylvania airport am I about to land in?
3. I took off from Bellingham International Airport on the newly formed, ultra-low-cost carrier, Skybus Airlines, heading east towards the airlines' main hub. Landing, heading south, on Runway 28L, the largest city in Ohio is visible from the right side of the aircraft. Which airport am I about to land in?
4. I took off from Sydney Kingsford Smith International Airport on Qantas heading south towards New Zealand. I am heading to one of the most popular resort towns in New Zealand, famous for its skiing, mountain biking and other adventure sports. Lake Wakatipu is visible from the aircraft prior to landing. Which airport am I about to land in?
5. I took off from London-Heathrow International Airport on Emirates Airlines, heading towards one of the largest and most important cities in the Middle East. The airport that I am about to land in is not only Emirates' major hub, but also a focus city for Qatar Airways, Singapore Airlines and Yemenia. Where am I about to land?
6. I took off from Miami International Airport on an American Airlines flight bound for South America. My destination is the largest city in the country, and one of the largest cities in all of South America. I am on final approach into the airport, called Simón Bolívar International Airport of Maiquetia. Where am I?
7. I took off from Paris-Charles de Gaulle International Airport on China Eastern Airlines heading towards, you guessed it, China. The city in which I am about to land is not only the hub of the airline, but also the largest city in China. What major Asian airport am I about to land in?
8. Returning from my vacation in Fuerteventura on LTU International, I am about to land in a major European city, and the largest in Germany. The airport is not the only one serving my destination, but the only one not located within city limits. Referred to by some as "The Holiday Airport," where am I about to land?
9. Taking off from Abu Dhabi International Airport on Ethiad Airways, my journey now takes me to Africa. I am heading toward the second largest city in Africa. This country is the home of the only remaining member of the Seven Wonders of the World. Where am I about to land?
10. At last I am heading back to the United States. Taking off from Toronto-Pearson International Airport on Air Canada, I am heading towards an airport in southwestern Florida. Air Force One was at this airport on September 11, 2001, before President George W. Bush was informed of the terrorist attacks at 9:05AM. Which popular wintertime airport am I about to land in?
Source: Author pianoman22
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor trident
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.