Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The most notorious doctor of death at Auschwitz was undoubtedly Dr. Josef Mengele. He stood at the infamous Auschwitz arch, cane in one hand and cigarette in the other. With the blink of an eye he chose who lived and who died. He had an obsession relating to a particular group of people. Which?
2. Prisoners incarcerated in Auschwitz had many nicknames for Josef Mengele. Which of the following is one of them?
3. Dr. Josef Mengele was promoted to the position of chief medical officer of the main infirmary at Birkenau. However, he did not get promoted to the top position within Auschwitz. Who held this position?
4. Dr. Herta Oberheuser was amongst the few female doctors that worked in a concentration camp. She was interested in children and used them as material for her horrifying experiments. What was one of her "signature" experiments?
5. In the Nuremberg medical trials, how long was the sentence handed down to Dr. Herta Oberheuser?
6. Dr. Carl Clauberg was a respected German doctor, born near Solingen in 1898. Before becoming a physician in Auschwitz what aspect of medicine did he excel in?
7. The stories of what Clauberg put death camp inmates through are horrifying. He spent time in a Soviet prison after the Nuremberg medical trials but was subsequently returned to Germany. He was to stand trial once again for his attrocities. However, he died before receiving justice. What was the cause of death?
8. Dr. Karl Brandt was a highly regarded medical figure amongst members of the Nazi party. He was promoted to the position of Reich Commissioner for _______ and Health.
9. Karl Brandt was one of a few people to hold the position of personal physician to the Fuehrer, Adolf Hitler and he was a major co-ordinater of the euthanasia scheme. In the Nuremberg medical trials he was sentenced to death. Where was he executed?
10. Dr. Johann Kremer was originally a professor in the university of Münster. By 1942 he was working in Auschwitz. He was just as cruel and murderous as any other doctor working in any concentration camp around Europe. His main method of murder involved an intra-venous injection of which substance?
Source: Author jonnowales
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.