Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. One of Goering's most attractive features to Hitler was his "rags to riches" fairytale life.
2. Goering began his military career in 1914 as an infantry officer before transferring to aviation. What was the reason for his transfer?
3. Goering was a sub-par pilot.
4. Goering commanded which famous unit as an aviator during WWI?
5. Which of the following positions/titles did Goering NOT hold during his life?
6. Goering was known to be addicted to which drug?
7. The Munich Pact allowed Germany's annexation of the Sudetenland. France and the United Kingdom agreed to the Pact due in large part to Goering leading the Luftwaffe to complete domination over other European air forces.
8. How did Goering die while in prison?
9. Of which charge was Goering NOT found guilty at Nuremberg?
10. Goering said the following while being interviewed by Gustave Gilbert, an American German-speaking intelligence officer and psychologist, at Nuremberg: "Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just as it narrows the mind. And when the drums of war have reached a fever pitch and the blood boils with hate and the mind has closed, the leader will have no need in seizing the rights of the citizenry. Rather, the citizenry, infused with fear and blinded by patriotism, will offer up all of their rights unto the leader and gladly so. How do I know? For this is what I have done."
Source: Author cryppie
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.