Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Similar to the theatre in Stratford, England, the "Stratford Shakespeare Festival" in Stratford, Ontario, is located on what river?
2. In what year was the first play at the new "Stratford Shakespeare Festival" performed in a large tent?
3. The "Stratford Shakespeare Festival" had four theaters operating in 2014. Which theater is not one of them?
4. Besides the works of William Shakespeare, the Stratford Festival performs the works of other playwrights each season. What famous French playwright, often referred to as the "French Shakespeare", has had many of his plays translated into English and performed at the Festival?
5. One of the highlights of a visit to Stratford is picnicking and feeding the ducks and swans on the river and parkland area beside the theatres. How do these birds manage to survive during the winter months, living in such a harsh winter snowbelt area like Stratford?
6. The "Shaw Festival" had four theatres operating in 2014. Which theater is not one of them?
7. The focus each season at the Shaw Festival is always on the plays that have been written by George Bernard Shaw, and several are included in the schedule each season. Which one of these plays was not written by Shaw?
8. One of the most enjoyable experiences when visiting the Shaw Festival area is driving along the Niagara Parkway. The Parkway runs alongside the Niagara River from Niagara-on-the-Lake, through Niagara Falls, to the Peace Bridge at Fort Erie. What is unusual about this 55 kilometer stretch of road?
9. Which of these actors never appeared on the stage of either the "Stratford Festival" or the "Shaw Festival" during the twentieth century?
10. How are the members of the Board of Directors selected for both Festivals?
Source: Author JDavidM
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor looney_tunes
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.