Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What was the name of the wife of Edward III?
2. Richard II ruled the country for 22 years (1377-1399). He is famous for crushing a rebellion led by Wat Tyler. The peasants were protesting against a much hated tax, the Poll Tax. But how old was King Richard at the time?
3. Richard II had no children of his own. His cousin, Henry IV, snatched the throne from him and Richard died in prison in 1399. Henry IV was not a very popular ruler. He even had an Archbishop executed. But which one?
4. The next king of England was Henry V. He went to war against the French and defeated them at the Battle of Agincourt.
5. Henry VI was not very strong king. He had a mental breakdown from August 1453 till Christmas 1454 during which he couldn't recognize anyone and had mobility problems. He was murdered in 1471. But where was he murdered?
6. Edward IV was the first king since Henry II to die without owing money. Why is that?
7. Edward V was son of Edward IV. When Edward IV died, his brother Richard III was supposed to look after 13 year old Edward V, until he was able to rule on his own. But after 11 weeks, the Bishop of Bath said that Edward IV had not been properly married to his wife, so Edward V shouldn't be king.
8. Richard III lost the crown to Henry VII in a battle which ended the Wars of the Roses. How is this battle known to us today?
9. After defeating Richard III, Henry VII became king. But there were many people who still supported Richard. What did crafty Henry do to put his enemies on his side?
10. The next ruler of England was Henry VIII, one of the most well-known monarchs of Britain. He is famous for many different things: having made himself head of the church, having been married to six wives, having his friend Thomas More executed, etc. But what was one of the key factors that led to Henry VIII splitting from the Catholic Church?
Source: Author Warzycha
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor thejazzkickazz
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.