Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which breed of dog originated in Germany and was bred to guard a tax collector on his rounds?
2. Why can't dogs see well in colour?
3. How many teeth does a puppy have?
4. How does a dog invite play?
5. Dobermans can be blue in colour.
6. Which one of these breeds of dogs originated in Germany?
7. Which of the following is poisonous to dogs?
8. To which of the following health problems are Irish setters susceptible?
9. What does the Latin phrase "cave canem" mean?
10. Give the four stages of a bitch's Oestrus (estrus) cycle in the correct order.
11. By UK Kennel Club rules, in which classes should you begin competitive obedience?
12. The Halti is a headcollar used for training dogs who are very strong on the lead. Who invented this piece of equipment?
13. Which of the following statements is true of a belief in Greek mythology?
14. Which of the following breeds was listed on the British Dangerous Dogs Act of 1991?
15. Which of the following is another name for the Saluki?
16. What is the name of the highly collectible, English ornamental mantelpiece dogs?
17. From which two breeds was the Blue Picardy Spaniel bred?
18. There are three basic canine skull shapes. Which of the following does the Boxer have?
19. What is the name of the dog in 'Peter Pan' who acts as the children's nanny?
20. It is a good idea to buy a puppy from a backyard breeder.
21. In Chinese mythology, what is the Chinese Fu Dog thought to bring?
22. Rin Tin Tin the German Shepherd actor signed his own contracts with a pawprint.
23. For what purpose is a blaster used in a grooming parlour?
24. From which two dogs in the 1950's was the Kyi Leo bred?
25. Which breed of dog was the famous Greyfriar's Bobby?
Source: Author spookykidwraith
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor crisw
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.