Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Female dogs definitely have better personalities if they are allowed to have a litter before being spayed.
2. A pet store, selling dogs for profit, isn't the best place to buy a puppy.
3. The jaws of pit bulls are anatomically different from those of other dogs so that they can lock shut when they fight.
4. Purebred dogs are *always* less healthy than mutts.
5. The Chinese Crested and other hairless dogs have higher body temperatures than dogs with hair.
6. According to both the British and American Kennel Clubs, the poodle originated in France.
7. The dog was the first animal to be domesticated which did not provide food or clothing for humans.
8. Mixed-breed dogs do not get hip dysplasia.
9. Some drug-detecting dogs are trained by addicting them to the drug that they are supposed to find.
10. If your dog makes a mess on the carpet, you should rub his nose in it to teach him not to go in the house.
11. Only male dogs raise a leg to urinate.
12. Puppies should not be taken from their mother until they are an absolute minimum of seven weeks old.
13. Dogs who are just household pets don't need obedience training.
14. The best way to get your dog trained is to have someone else do it.
15. In laboratory tests, dogs really are 'smarter' than cats.
Source: Author crisw
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.