Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. "Sloths are lazy. They spend almost 16 hours a day asleep."
Er no. This isn't actually true. A 2012 study of wild sloth sleeping patterns showed that, in general, they actually don't sleep for any more than how many hours a day?
2. "Lions are the kings of the jungle!"
Erm... that's factually incorrect! What, in particular, is so wrong about this statement?
3. "Cockerels crow to signal the sunrise and the sunset".
Well this isn't really correct. When do cockerels actually crow?
4. "Bats are blind".
Well actually, no. They're not. They are, however, nocturnal. What special technique do the majority of bats use to find their way in the dark at night?
5. "Owls are very wise birds".
Hmmm... but they're not really! Why is this not true?
6. "Rabbits only eat carrots!"
Absolutely not! They might be willing to eat them sometimes, but too many is very bad for them! What should a healthy pet rabbit's diet consist of?
7. "Camels store water in their humps".
Oh don't be silly. Of course they don't! What is really in those humps?
8. "The color red makes bulls angry".
What is the main reason that we know this is untrue?
9. "Koala bears"
What is wrong with the phrase above?
10. Which of the following is a popular animal misconception and is not actually true?
Source: Author suzidunc
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor guitargoddess
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.