Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which of these is the place where a squirrel calls his home?
2. What is a baby squirrel called?
3. The tree squirrel, ground squirrel and which other squirrel make up three subgroups of the squirrel family?
4. The Malabar Giant Squirrel is the largest in the world but in which country can it be located?
5. The name 'squirrel' is taken from the Greek word 'skiouros' which means what?
6. Squirrelpox is a virus which can kill red squirrels but not grey squirrels.
7. What name is given to the eating habit of the wild squirrel?
8. Where can you locate the sweat glands on a squirrel?
9. One of the rarest squirrels in the world is the tufted ground squirrel from the island of Borneo. What is its claim to fame?
10. Originating in the USA, on which day of the year is National Squirrel Appreciation Day?
Source: Author Plodd
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Tizzabelle
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.