Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What did the folk of northern Africa once consume as a cure for dysentery?
2. How are camels being used to improve the lives of children in the poorer parts of northeastern Kenya?
3. What unusual ability do the wild Bactrian camels of Eastern Asia possess?
4. Camel meat is considered quite a delicacy in the Middle East. Which part is considered the choicest to eat?
5. Camel milk is absolutely packed full of goodness. Is it true that apart from consuming it for its nourishment value, this product is also used for medical purposes in poorer countries?
6. Still the case in 2014, why is camel milk so expensive to buy in the United States?
7. Camel milk is three times higher in vitamin C than cow's milk. How much higher in iron is it?
8. In the Middle East, a newly identified illness known as the Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS), is believed to be passed on to humans by which particular camel?
9. Apart from the sport of camel racing, another camel sport in the Middle East, but in Turkey in particular, has been practised since ancient times. Can you name it?
10. Every year, in the United Arab Emirates, crowds in their thousands attend a festival there to witness which spectacle?
Source: Author Creedy
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Tizzabelle
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.