Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Camels have been around since the Miocene period when they evolved from small deer, rather like chevrotains today. Where did they originate from?
2. When people think of camels, they associate them with the Egyptian deserts but they are much more widespread. Which country doesn't have wild camels living in it?
3. There is a Syrian Camel living in Arabia that has been discovered but the UN won't release any information about it.
4. There are only 3 parts of the camel that can be eaten: milk, hump and flesh (muscle meat). The rest smells and tastes disgusting.
5. What is stored in a camel's hump?
6. A group of lions is a pride and a group of wolves is a pack. Which of these isn't a term for a group of camels?
7. A baby cat is a kitten and a baby dog is a puppy but what is a baby camel?
8. Abdul Kassem Ismael, grand vizier of Persia during the 10th century, had a fear of camels because he believed they were sent by the Persian god of evil, Angra Mainyu.
9. What is special about a camel's ears?
10. A common name for an Arabian camel is the dromedary camel, but some people think that it should be classified as the Arabian camel. Why?
11. What is a Tulu camel?
12. Camels are naturally aggressive and kick, stamp and spit at their human owners.
13. A hybrid between a llama and a camel is called a lamel.
14. Camels make great pets.
15. Why are camels fantastic?
Source: Author angryllama
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor crisw
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.