Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Eldest son, Richard, was born in which city, most likely due to their father's occupation at the time?
2. Richard's on-screen debut was memorable, if uncredited. In which Noel Coward masterwork did he portray a frightened young seaman aboard a destroyer?
3. While Richard has mostly found fame in the world of feature films, brother David has been prominent in which other form of entertainment?
4. Both Richard and David Attenborough served in the British armed forces as young men.
5. Long happy marriages are not always possible for celebrities, but both David and Richard enjoyed long happy relationships with their spouses. Which of these British actresses was married to Richard from 1945 until his death in 2014?
6. Richard turned to directing with "Oh! What a Lovely War" (1969), but for which film did he receive Academy Awards (Oscars) for Best Picture and Best Director?
7. Tragedy struck the Attenborough family in 2004, when several family members were killed in the same incident. What caused these deaths (and many others)?
8. Richard, and his grandson, Will Attenborough, appeared in movies with the same title, but made 59 years apart. Both took place during the same WWII event, though the plots differed. What title did the two movies share?
9. David Attenborough has always provided beautiful images of the natural world in his television series, specials and films. In later years he has become more vocal about environmental issues in his work, including which documentary that he describes as his "witness statement", released by Netflix in October 2020 (and to cinemas a few days earlier)?
10. Which Attenborough brother was created a life peer, Baron Attenborough of Richmond upon Thames, in 1993?
Source: Author spanishliz
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor ponycargirl
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.