Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. You're playing soccer as a forward and you touch the ball with your hands. Someone yells at you "that's not how you do it!". As a matter of fact, he's right. Who is the only player in the field that is allowed to touch the ball with their hands in a soccer match?
2. You're playing baseball and you hit the ball very hard. It bounces on the ground and then goes over the fence. You've made a home-run! Or at least that's what you think, because the umpire stops you when you step on second base. Why has he done this?
3. You're playing volleyball and the other team hits the ball seven times before passing it over the net. One of your teammates yells "that's not how you do it!". According to international rules, what is the maximum number of contacts with the ball allowed before it must go over the net?
4. You're playing basketball and you notice your friend walking with the ball without dribbling or bouncing it. You approach him and tell him "that's not how you do it!". What is this violation of the rules called?
5. You're watching a professional American football game on TV with your friend. He says that, according to the rules, each quarter lasts 10 minutes. Is he right?
6. You're playing golf with a friend. He says he can put the ball in the hole with only one shot. What is this called in golf?
7. You're playing tennis and you wait for the ball to bounce two times before hitting it with your racquet. Your opponent tells you "that's not how you do it!" Is he right?
8. You're out bowling. You make your first throw of the game and you knock down all of the pins. A friend behind you screams "you made a spare!" You know he's not right, so you approach him and tell him the correct term. What is it?
9. You're playing cricket and both teams have 6 players. A professional cricket player, who was casually there, says "That's not how you do it!"
How many players must each team have according to the rules of cricket?
10. You're playing ice hockey and a friend of yours sees someone is injured, so he yells "stop the ball!" The other players and you look at each other, confused. What is the correct term for it?
Source: Author Lpez
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor NatalieW
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.