Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Norway is located in Europe. Which of these countries does NOT border Norway?
2. The capital of Norway is Oslo, but what is the second largest city of Norway, known for, among other things, its shopping street called Strandgaten?
3. Roald Amundsen was probably one of the most famous Norwegian explorers. What did he reach?
4. The Troll Wall, located in Norway, is the tallest vertical rock face in Europe. What did people use it for until it was made illegal in 1986?
5. The Norwegian fjords are one of the country's most popular attractions. Which of these fjords in Norway was listed in 2005 as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO?
6. Dried and salted cod has been produced in Norway for many years. What is the name of a dish you can cook with this kind of fish?
7. Norwegian Cruise Line was founded in 1966 by two businessmen. One of them, Ted Arison, would later become the founder of Carnival Cruise Lines. Who is the other businessman?
8. Although we all refer to Norway as Norway, it has another name. What is another way to refer to Norway?
9. Norway is well-known for its historic Vikings, who were basically part of all Scandinavian history! What is a very common misconception about the Vikings?
10. In 1994, Norway hosted the Winter Olympic Games. Which Norwegian city hosted the games?
Source: Author Lpez
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Pagiedamon
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.